Machine Learning; Cognitive Computing; Artificial Intelligence; Natural Language Processing; Deep Learning
Chatterbox Labs are looking for Data Scientists at junior, mid and senior levels to join our growing, UK-based team to help research, develop and extend our existing cognitive technologies. You should hold a PhD in the field of Machine Learning (or a related/similar field) and have evidence of applied research as well as theoretical.
You will join our technical team who focus on the research and development of our multi-lingual Cognitive Engine for short form and long form text classification. You will work alongside our Chief Technology Officer and other Data Scientists who are also working on Cognitive Computing, Image Processing & Deep Learning methods.
The specifics of each job will vary depending upon experience levels – we recognize that those exploring junior positions may have minimal experience outside of academia/research institutions. As a guidance the Data Science team have the following:
- Develop, extend and maintain underlying machine learning within the Cognitive Engine
- Research, explore & evaluate new methods for text classification & image processing
- Co-create new Intellectual Property as part of the Data Science team
- Test and evaluate current technologies and make recommendations for improvements
- Liaise with non-technical colleagues internally and over time directly with clients
- PhD in Machine Learning or related field
- Experience working with multi-lingual text classification methods
- Experience with supervised, semi-supervised or unsupervised machine learning
- Strong problem solving and algorithm development skills
- Experience using Python, Java or similar programming language
- The desire to build robust, proven and tested technologies
- Experience of developing machine learning software in a commercial environment
- Experience either researching or applying:
- Genetic algorithms
- Deep learning techniques
- Image processing techniques
- Experience dealing with large datasets
- Experience with large-scale processing frameworks (e.g. Hadoop, Spark)
Minimum Education Level
- Mid & Senior Roles: PhD already awarded
- Junior Roles: Waiting on PhD submission, review or corrections late 2016
- Spoken English language is essential
- A second language is useful
Work Permits for non UK / EU Nationals
- Applicants are welcome to apply from anywhere
- Chatterbox Labs will pay for and support the relevant work permit process required to enter and work legally within the UK subject to a successful interview process and acceptance of job offer
- Dependent upon home country the permit process takes between 4 to 12 weeks to complete
Please send an email to email@example.com with a cover note introducing yourself and a bit about you, and attach a comprehensive CV in pdf format.
WE DO NOT WORK WITH RECRUITERS AND WE DO NOT PAY RECRUITMENT FEES. RECRUITERS SHOULD NOT CONTACT US.