Machine Learning; Artificial Intelligence; Natural Language Processing; Functional Programming; Java; Clojure; Lisp
Chatterbox Labs are looking for a Junior Software Engineer (Functional Programming) to join our, UK-based team to help implement our cognitive technologies. You should hold an BSc in the field of Computer Science (or a related/similar field) or be approaching completion.
Whilst you may not have commercial Software Engineering experience, we are looking for motivated individuals who have completed projects using Clojure or other Lisp languages.
You will join, and be mentored by, our technical team who focus on the research and development of our multi-lingual Cognitive Engine for short form and long form text classification & our Synthetic Data Generator, alongside our Data Scientists.
Responsibilities (joint with the technical team)
- Develop, extend and maintain underlying machine learning within the Cognitive Engine & Synthetic Data Generator
- Implement & test Clojure & Java code for commercial release
- Research, explore & evaluate new methods for classification & data synthesis
- Co-create new Intellectual Property alongside the Data Science team
- Test and evaluate current technologies and make recommendations for improvements
- BSc in Computer Science or related field
- Demonstrable project experience using Clojure
- Project experience using a Java Virtual Machine language (Java, Clojure, Groovy, etc)
- Strong problem solving and algorithm development skills
- The desire to build robust, proven and tested technologies
- Experience of developing machine learning
- Experience dealing with large datasets
Minimum Education Level
BSc in Computer Science or related field
- Spoken English language is essential
- A second language is useful
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover note introducing yourself and a bit about you, and attach a comprehensive CV in pdf format.
WE DO NOT WORK WITH RECRUITERS AND WE DO NOT PAY RECRUITMENT FEES. RECRUITERS SHOULD NOT CONTACT US.