Machine Learning; Artificial Intelligence; Natural Language Processing; Java; Clojure; Engineering
Chatterbox Labs are looking for a Data Engineer to join our, UK-based team to help both research and implement our cognitive technologies. You should hold a PhD in the field of Machine Learning (or a related/similar field) and have experience in a commercial software environment.
You will join our technical team who focus on the research and development of our multi-lingual Cognitive Engine for short form and long form text classification & our Synthetic Data Generator, alongside our Data Scientists.
This diverse role will allow you to both carry out machine learning research and to also implement commercial software.
- Develop, extend and maintain underlying machine learning within the Cognitive Engine & Synthetic Data Generator
- Implement & test Clojure & Java code for commercial release
- Research, explore & evaluate new methods for classification & data synthesis
- Co-create new Intellectual Property as part of the Data Science team
- Test and evaluate current technologies and make recommendations for improvements
- PhD in Machine Learning or related field
- Experience with supervised, semi-supervised or unsupervised machine learning
- Commercial experience using a Java Virtual Machine language (Java, Clojure, Groovy, etc)
- Experience using collaborative software management tools (git, subversion, etc)
- Strong problem solving and algorithm development skills
- The desire to build robust, proven and tested technologies
- Experience of developing machine learning software in a commercial environment
- Demonstrable experience of using Clojure
- Experience either researching or applying:
- Reinforcement Learning
- Deep learning techniques
- Experience dealing with large datasets
- Experience with large-scale processing frameworks (e.g. Hadoop, Spark)
Minimum Education Level
PhD in Machine Learning or related field (waiting on PhD submission, review or corrections is acceptable)
- Spoken English language is essential
- A second language is useful
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover note introducing yourself and a bit about you, and attach a comprehensive CV in pdf format.
WE DO NOT WORK WITH RECRUITERS AND WE DO NOT PAY RECRUITMENT FEES. RECRUITERS SHOULD NOT CONTACT US.